Newest Bracketology: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/251
This could be my last Bracketology Breakdown, but this will be updated daily, along with other NCAA Tournament articles to look out for.
- The 1 seeds in the NCAA Tournament are pretty much locks, other than North Carolina who with a loss in the next few rounds of the ACC tourney could fall off the 1 seed line. Kansas, Gonzaga, and Villanova are locks.
- 2 seeds Kentucky and Oregon are the only teams that I see moving up to the 1 seed line with a UNC loss.
- UCLA and Arizona highlight the 3 seeds and can move move up by winning the PAC 12 or by beating each other.
- The 4 seeds Purdue, Florida, Duke, and West Virginia are all up and down teams, so it will be interesting to see where these teams end up on Selection Sunday.
- 5 seeds SMU and Cincy out of the AAC seem poised for a deep run in the tourney. The other 5 seeds are Virginia and Notre Dame who play each other in second round of ACC Tourney tonight.
- Minnesota is officially on the 6 seed line and want to stay there by going deep into the Big Ten tourney. Iowa State is also still on the 6 seed line with a big game vs Oklahoma State in first round of the Big 12 tourney.
- The 7-10 seeded teams seem very strong, so 1 and 2 seeds need to look out. These seeds are shifted to much so it is hard to comment.
- Middle Tennessee is projected as an 11 seed still, which would put them in a great spot for the deep tourney run that they want after last years huge upset of Michigan State.
- Nevada and UT Arlington projected 12 seeds, but still have to win their conference tourneys. However, they could still get in as at larges if they lose in the championship, but it would be a stretch. UNCW is also a 12 seed who won the Colonial Championship
- The 13-16 seeds are hard to talk about because most of them have not won their conference tourneys yet so these teams are not official because anything can happen in March.
Last 5 Byes: Michigan State, Providence, Marquette, USC, and Vandy.
Last 4 in: Wake, Cuse, Illinois State, and Xavier.
First 4 Out: Rhode Island, Kansas State, Iowa, and Rhode Island.
Next 5 Out: Illinois, Houston, Cal, Indiana, and Richmond.