*American Athletic Conference not included*
New Years Six Rankings
- San Diego State- The Aztecs surged to the top of this week’s rankings after the top 3 teams lost in last Saturday’s action. SDSU defeated Arizona State to kick start their season and gain momentum heading into a very tough game against #19 Stanford who is coming of a loss to #4 USC.
- Boise State- The Broncos who were on the verge of being ranked in the AP Poll blew a big lead to allow #21 Washington State to win a triple overtime thriller on Saturday. Yesterday, they defeated New Mexico in a fairly easy victory.
- Western Michigan- This team nearly knocked off #4 USC and just had an overall bad game last Saturday at Michigan State. I still see the Broncos as the favorites to win the Mid-American Conference.
- Western Kentcuky- The Hilltoppers could not find a way to beat Illinois on Saturday, but they now turn their attention to Louisiana Tech as they look to set themselves apart in the Conference USA as the favorites to win it.
- Coastal Carolina- The Chanticleers had a bye this week, but they have been preparing for their matchup this Saturday with UAB.
- Central Michigan- The Chips went into Kansas and came out with a victory over the Jayhawks. QB Shane Morris threw for over 400 yards and looked phenomenal in the victory. CMU travels to Syracuse next for a chance at upsetting the Orange and proving to us that they are a solid Mid-American Conference contender like their rival WMU.
- Arkansas State- The Red Wolves remain at 7 this week since their game vs Miami was cancelled. This Saturday they host Arkansas Pine-Bluff which should be an easy victory.
- Army- In a tough game, Army found a way to beat Buffalo for a great win. They travel to #8 Ohio State next week, do not expect anything crazy out of this game. The Buckeyes are still recovering from a loss to #2 Oklahoma.
- Wyoming- The Cowboys got an easy victory over Gardner Webb, now they host Oregon on Saturday. The Ducks have been on fire so it will be a stretch for Wyoming to compete in this game.
- Toledo- The Rockets are coming off a dominant victory over Nevada. They are hosting a tough opponent, Tulsa, on Saturday. A win for the Rockets could make them a contender in the Mid-American Conference as well.