New AP Poll
- Penn State
- Ohio State
- Washington State
- Oklahoma State
- Notre Dame
- West Virginia
- NC State
Top 25 Notes
#2 Clemson has now beat #12 Auburn, #16 VTech, and #17 Louisville. The Tigers look unstoppable right now and they believe that they are the best team in college football and I honestly cannot disagree.
#4 Penn State and #5 Georgia have also looked fantastic thus far, and they could easily be contenders for the championship if they continue to play how they have been.
#11 Washington State made a name for themselves upsetting #4 USC, and entering college football playoff talks out of the PAC 12. USC dropped to #14 in the poll.
QB Jarrett Stidham finally looked like what the College Football nation projected him to be as #12 Auburn wins in a rout of Mississippi State who dropped out of the AP Poll.
#15 Oklahoma State coming off a loss to #8 TCU struggled once again, but pulled out a tight victory over Texas Tech who was undefeated coming into the game. The Cowboys season looks to be in trouble, but they still have #3 Oklahoma on the schedule.
#18 USF and #19 San Diego State remain the leader of the New Years Six race even though San Diego State almost fell to Northern Illinois Saturday Night. However, a newly ranked team enters the conversation as UCF joins the AP poll at #25 after dominating Memphis who upset UCLA Week 2. UCF and USF meet to end the regular season in Week 13.
Also, NC State enters the rankings at #24 after upsetting Florida State and beating Syracuse in the last two weeks.
- Houston finds a way to pull out a victory vs Temple and remain undefeated. The Cougars can also be brought up in the New Years Six conversation. Navy also is in this conversation after a come from behind win over Tulsa.
- Florida State barely gets their first win in a tough game vs Wake Forest. Florida State saved their season from spiraling all the way, and avoided their first ever 0-3 start.
- Baylor is still win less as they fell to Kansas State 33-20. Baylor athletics as whole is in a state of crisis.
- Butch Jones coaching job is in trouble as Tennessee got demolished #5 Georgia 41-0.
- Michigan State got a solid win over Iowa in East Lansing, but do not have much hope going into Ann Arbor to face the #7 Wolverines next week.
- Texas A/M, Oregon, and UCLA all get crucial wins this week over South Carolina, Cal, and Colorado respectively.
- And for this weeks top headline, Troy got paid $956,000 to play LSU in Death Valley and they upset them. LSUs season is going the opposite of how they hoped it would. Troy is the favorite to win the Sun Belt and could enter the New Years Six talks themselves even with one loss to Boise State.