Each week on Monday, I will be posting a breakdown of the AP Top 25, as well as other headlines from power conference teams around the country. Each highlighted team will be in bold.
*AAC, A10, and WCC included in power conferences*
- Wichita State
- Arizona State
- Texas A/M
- West Virginia
- Seton Hall
- Notre Dame
- Florida State
- Texas Tech
Top 25 Breakdown
- Arizona State sky rockets to #5 after the took out at the time #2 Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse. The Sun Devils are the surprise team of the year and it does not look like they are going to slow down.
- #4 Duke receives a terrible upset from Boston College to give up the #1 spot to Villanova who jumped #2 MSU after dominating #12 Gonzaga.
- #10 Xavier has been hot as of late after they fell to Arizona State for their one loss.
- Florida State is now ranked #19 after the blew out and upset now #22 Florida. Our other newly ranked team is #24 Texas Tech who returns to the poll after a solid week.
- #11 West Virginia hands #16 Virginia their first loss of the year as Virginia allowed their most amount of points on the year (68).
- #18 Notre Dame drops out of the top 10 after they recieved a random upset from Ball State.
- #9 Texas A/M suffers their first loss to #23 Arizona, who finally seemed to figure it out after their rough trip to the Bahamas. Arizona then beat Alabama as their freshman center put up 29pts and grabbing 18rebs.
- #14 TCU takes out SMU for another great win and they knocked Nevada out of the top 25 to remain undefeated.
- #13 Kansas and #22 Florida had awful Wednesday nights as the Jayhawks got upset by Washington, and the Gators got upset by Loyola Chicago for their second loss on the week. However, Florida came back to beat now #25 Cincy to end their week on a good note.
- Ohio State is looking promising again in the BIG Ten as they blew out Wisconsin last week, and came back down 20 to knock off rival Michigan. Michigan ended their week with their own comeback win over UCLA.
- Rutgers actually put up a good fight at home against #2 Michigan State losing by 10.
- Butler easily beats Utah who do not seem to be a tournament team this year based on their play so far.
- St Johns travels to one of the hardest places to play to take out Grand Canyon for a quietly good win.
- Georgia Tech could not find a way to win as they got upset by Wofford after starting to look a bit better.
- Temple adds to Wisconsin’s struggles this year beating them 59-55.
- Iowa State comes back to defeat Iowa to win the CyHawk rivalry for the year. The Cyclones look to regain momentum after a slow start.
- Sooners freshman Trae Young continues his dominance as the Oklahoma Sooners upset USC.
- Providence has randomly started to struggle, and to add to the struggles they fell to Umass who has gained some momentum in the easy A10 race.
- Ole Miss, who I picked to be very improved this year got blown out by Middle Tennessee for their 4th
- Kansas State who came in with just one loss fell to Tulsa at home.