Each Week, I will be posting my Mid-Major Top-25 highlighting the top 25 teams from non-power conferences. These rankings exclude the A10, AAC and WCC. Also included each week will be a breakdown of all notable mid major notes around the country.
|2||New Mexico State|
|4||SDSU Jack Rabbits|
- UNLV has a tough week falling to New Mexico and Fresno State, and almost losing to Colorado State. This week ended UNLVs at large bid chances and knocked them out of the poll.
- CS Fullerton had a short stay in the Mid Major Top 25 as they lost to UCSB by 19.
- Belmont knocks off Murray State to take control of the Ohio Valley, and FGCU does the same to hold on the top spot in the A-Sun. Both teams enter the top 25.
- ETSU remains on top of the SoCon undefeated after beating Furman by 1 away from home.
- Middle Tennessee loses in conference for the first time to Marshall but makes up for it by beating Western Kentucky. Marshall ended a great week with an overtime win over UAB as the top of the C-USA remains tight.
- ULL is now 7-0 in Sun Belt play and they have a great win @ UT Arlington.
- Wright State loses in Milwaukee for their first in conference loss resulting in a tie with Northern Kentucky at the top of Horizon League.
- Nevada wins the first battle in the very top of the Mountain West as they beat Boise State at home.
- Hawaii proves they are the top dog in the Big West with a nice win over UCSB.
- Penn puts up a great effort in non-conference loss to Temple. The Quakers effort allowed them to stay in the poll.
- Albany has a huge day in an 83-39 win over UMBC who only had 7 losses on the season coming in. Albany still has struggled in conference play, but this win helped in their chase of Vermont.
- Campbell comes out of nowhere to almost take the lead of the Big South. If Campbell finds a way to win the Big South Tournament, look out for them in the big dance because they have a guy named Chris Clemons who could single-handedly carry Campbell to a major upset in March Madness.