Each Week, I will be posting my Mid-Major Top-25 highlighting the top 25 teams from non-power conferences. These rankings exclude the A10, AAC and WCC. Also included each week will be a breakdown of all notable mid major notes around the country.
Mid Major Top-25
|2||New Mexico State|
|11||SDSU Jack Rabbits|
Mid Major Notes
- SF Austin has suffered their second conference loss, and this one hurt losing to Central Arkansas.
- South Dakota State proved they are vulnerable in the Summit League, with a 19-point loss to in state rival South Dakota. Then, funny enough, South Dakota lost by 16 to on of the worst teams in the conference, so take it out want to.
- Wyoming completes the upset of Nevada in double overtime 104-103.
- Loyola- Chicago shows us they are the team to beat as they blew out Drake who was sitting towards the top of the Missouri Valley.
- Oakland has no trouble beating Northern Kentucky for a great road win but being the inconsistent team that they are they could not find a way to complete the road trip at Wright State.
- Campbell was one of the hottest mid major teams until a loss came to Winthrop on the road.
- Utah Valley proves their worth in the WAC with a fantastic home win over Grand Canyon.
- ETSU goes on the road for another fantastic resume bosting win over Wofford.
- Penn got a great power conference win over St Joes on Saturday as they continue to control the IVY League.
- Hawaii falls at home to CS Fullerton just as they seemed to reach Big West dominance.
- Bucknell beats Boston U to reach a 2-game lead in the Patriot League.
- Wagner locks down the top spot in the NEC on the road with a win over Robert Morris.
- Iona loses, and Rider wins on Monday Night so Rider takes over at the top of the MAAC.
- UNC Greensboro takes a terrible loss to Chattanooga to fall out of the Mid Major Top 25.