Every Monday, we will be releasing our updated college basketball rankings, with headlines from power conference teams. Merry Christmas!
Top 25 Headlines
- NC State plays a fantastic all-around game to upset Auburn.
- Oklahoma remains just a one-loss team as they grab two more meaningful wins over Creighton and Northwestern.
- Duke outlasts Texas Tech in stellar back and forth game. Obviously, Duke is very good, but this Texas Tech team will heavily contend in the Big 12 with Kansas in my opinion.
- Houston uses a major comeback to take down a solid Utah State team and stay undefeated.
- Kentucky finally gets a highlight win as they take down North Carolina in Chicago.
- Arizona State upsets Kansas at home for just their second win against the #1 team in school history.
- Missouri grabs their first quality win of the season in a dominant win over Xavier.
- Syracuse loses once again in the Carrier Dome to a ranked Buffalo team, for their second straight against Mid-Major teams.
- Arkansas loses to Georgia Tech by four right after the Yellow Jackets were upset by Gardner Webb earlier in the week.
- Cincy absolutely demolishes UCLA by 29 points beginning another awful week for the PAC 12. In terms of others in the conference, USC falls to Santa Clara in double overtime for another horrendous loss on their resume, Oregon falls to Baylor who was recently upset by SF Austin, and Oregon State was upset by Kent State.
- Butler is starting to impress me and they look to be a Big East contender after they dominated UC Irvine, the top team in the Big West.
- LSU hands Furman their first loss, as does Marquette with Buffalo.
- Providence is super inconsistent this season, but they once again grabbed a meaningful win over Texas.
- Alabama defeats Penn State in a crucial game for each team in terms of NCAA Tournament hopes.
- Villanova played a great game all around in a huge 23-point win over UConn.
- Colorado had a rough showing in Hawaii in the Diamond Head Classic being upset by Indiana State and Hawaii, adding to the PAC 12s struggles. The Buffaloes came into the tournament with momentum and just one loss on the year. Also in the Diamond Head Classic, Rhode Island falls to Bucknell, setting the Rams back after gaining momentum of their own.
- Seton Hall maintains their momentum as they beat Maryland on the road.
- Kansas State takes down Vandy easily for a solid win to put on their resume.