Wednesday’s throughout the season, we will be posting our Mid-Major Top 25 highlighting the 25 best non-power conference teams, along with some Mid-Major notes.
Mid-Major Top 25
|15||New Mex State|
|25||South Dakota State|
- ETSU makes a statement in the SoCon by beating previously ranked Furman by 23.
- Toledo proves that they should not be over looked in the MAC as they blow out Penn by 32 at home. The Rockets look like the number one contender to Buffalo right now and it shows with them being spot behind the Bulls.
- Belmont looked like they were going to get ran out of Purdue’s gym, but in the second half they went on a 20-2 scoring run to make the game competitive again. Then, Carsen Edwards took over and gave Purdue the 11-point win over the very good Bruins. Right behind Belmont is Murray State and both teams have just two losses, which will make for a fantastic race for the Ohio Valley title.
- Princeton grabs an upset no one saw coming as they took out Arizona State who just upset the #1 team in the country in Kansas. Adding to PAC 12 upsets, Liberty beats UCLA by 15.
- Western Kentucky upsets Wisconsin led by freshman Charles Bassey who scored 19 points. So far this season, Western Kentucky has been very inconsistent with great wins and terrible losses.
- Fresno State loses a costly home game to Utah Valley as they enter Mountain West play on a negative. Also entering Mountain West play on a negative is San Diego State who also lost a home game to Brown by 21 points.
- San Fran suffers just their second loss of the season to a surprisingly good UCSB team.
- UC Irvine falls out of the Mid-Major Top 25 once again after suffering an overtime loss to Pacific.
- We end Week 8 with a massive upset as Penn loses to winless Monmouth in overtime to plummet in the Mid-Major Top 25.