Every Monday, we will be releasing our updated college basketball rankings, with headlines from power conference teams.
Top 25 Headlines
- Villanova had a rough time with Depaul, but they pulled out the victory 73-68 and they should find themselves ranked in every Top 25 poll this week.
- St Johns bounces back from their first loss to Seton Hall by absolutely dominating a ranked Marquette team at home winning by 20 points. Marquette bounced back by blowing out Xavier and St Johns continued rolling picking up a close road win over Georgetown.
- Kansas holds their ground in their home Big 12 opener beating Oklahoma by seven, but Saturday brought us a surprise as Kansas was upset on the road, losing to Iowa State by 17 points.
- Ohio State goes cold late in the game, allowing Michigan State to take advantage and pick up a massive road win over the Buckeyes without one of their best players Josh Langford.
- Two massive upsets took place mid-day Saturday as Kentucky was upset by Alabama and Cincinnati was upset by ECU on their way to being ranked.
- In a top 10 matchup, Virginia uses their dominant defense once again to hold Florida State to 52 points in a 13-point win over one of the highest scoring teams in the country.
- Michigan remains undefeated as they held their own at home and executed on offense to beat a high scoring Indiana team.
- Boston College is upset by Hartford to begin Week 9 likely eliminating their chances to reach the NCAA Tournament.
- Creighton opens up Big East play with a huge road win over Providence, but the Bluejays had a tough time on the road as Butler bounced back from two consecutive poor performances by standing tall at home.
- UCF defeats Temple by five in a great game to open up AAC play. UConn looks nothing close to an NCAA Tournament team as they fall to USF who has finished at the bottom of the AAC the last two seasons.
- Texas makes a statement by blowing out Kansas State on the road and beating West Virginia at home.
- Utah goes on the road and defeats Arizona State in one of the toughest places to play in the country. Arizona State has lost two straight after beating #1 Kansas and the PAC 12 is even more wide open as each team in underperforming. To add to another weird week in the PAC 12, Oregon State beat rival Oregon on the road.
- Syracuse wins a game that could matter in terms of the bubble in March as they defeated Notre Dame in South Bend.
- Davidson hangs on to the top spot in the A10 with a solid win over Duquesne.
- Florida loses a very costly game on their home floor to the SEC’s worst South Carolina. The Gators are usually near unbeatable at home, so losing to the Gamecocks in Gainesville hurts.
- Seton Hall was on their way to being ranked, but to end Week 9 they lost to Depaul by 1.